If you don’t see what you’re looking for just call one of our team members at 800.876.2700. No inquiry is too large or too small, we specialize in locating hard to find items. If you do see what you are looking, we would love to assist you and give you a quote today!
The 2205 grade steel is one of the most widely used ferritic and austenitic duplex stainless steel. The standard of this grade of steel has been refined over the years creating a versatile and strong product. It is has an excellent corrosion resistance (including in seawater), it is weldable by all standard methods, and has a high heat resistance.
Iron <0.03%, Chromium 4.5-6.5%, Nickel 2.5-3.5%, Molybdenum trioxide
0.8-2.0%, Manganese <1%, Silicon <0.03%, Phosphorus <0.02%
2205 Stainless Steel Sheet, 2205 Stainless Steel Round Bar, 2205 SS Pipe Tube & Fittings
Common Trade names
2205 Stainless, 2205 Stainless Steel
- Corrosion Resistance: 2205 stainless stands-up excellently in a range of atmospheric environments even when exposed to corrosive elements, specifically to sea water.
- Heat Resistance: Generally, 2205 is not suitable for use at temperatures above 300°C as it suffers from precipitation of brittle micro-constituents.
- Avoid temperatures below -50°C because of its ductile-to-brittle-transition.
- Easy to weld with excellent weldability.
- The high strength of 2205 also makes bending and forming more difficult.
Applications can be used in chemical processing, transport, and storage for a variety of industries due to both its excellent corrosion resistance and high strength.
Available Stock Sizes
See specific product page for unique sizes. Here at Atlantic Stainless no inquiry is too large or too small. Feel free to contact us today for a quote on any of your custom size orders.